December Parish Council meeting
Traditionally Parish Councils have not
held meetings in December and it has been decided that the next meeting will be held in January 2021. Of
course, if something urgent comes up that needs to be decided upon an extra-ordinary meeting can be called.
The Parish Council are holding online or socially distanced meetings where appropriate.
If you have anything that you would like the Parish Council to consider please do get in touch with the Parish Clerk. The items will be raised at the Parish Council meetings.
Vacancy: Parish Councillor
Winteringham Parish Council are looking to Co-Opt two Parish Councillors due to vacancies.
To apply please send a short letter confirming your interest and skills to the Clerk to the Parish Council
Holly Scott 01724 721372 or email@example.com
21 Flixborough Road, Burton-Upon-Stather, Scunthorpe, DN15 9HB
You must ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria before applying:
- You must be a British Citizen, or a citizen of the commonwealth, or the European Union and
- You must be 18 years or older on the day you are nominated for election
- For the whole 12 months prior to election you must:
o Have been an elector of the parish and either occupied or owned /rented premises in the parish or
o Resided within three miles of the parish boundary or
o Had your principal place of work in the parish
In addition to this you cannot stand for election if you:
- Are the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order
- Have, within five years before the day of election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine
- Work for the council you wish to become a councillor for
Thank you for all of your comments regarding the Neighbourhood Plan. If you are interested in being involved with this project please contact Councillor Malcolm Blackburn.